Although it's definitely fun to know people all over the globe, there is a small subset of people from a specific region of the USA that I've not enjoyed working with quite as much as the others. They typically don't talk nicely to others, and one of them even threatened to whack one of my nerdy co-workers. Yikes!!
One of them was werkin' my nerve today and it wasn't pretty. I live in the south, and we just don't talk to each other like that around here. She definitely needs to add some sweet tea, fried chicken, and red velvet cake into her diet to soften her up. Or maybe she could just stop talking and rely on instant message and email to communicate... tone doesn't translate well into written word, and in her case that's a good thing.
How do I stay sane when talking to these weird-os with strange accents and an abnormal affinity for cold weather? I think of this...

And this...

And that obnoxious voice just fades away.
No comments:
Post a Comment