Monday, September 27, 2010

The Best Birthday Weekend EVER

We had a great weekend!!  I truly believe this was the best birthday I've had so far.  First thing Saturday morning, I hopped out of bed ready to celebrate my big day.  A few seconds later, a gravelly voice interrupted the silence.

Sergeant Sexy: Does it hurt to walk when you turn 36?

Me: Yes.  Does it hurt to talk when I punch you in the mouth?

I'm 2.5 months older than Sergeant Sexy, and he lords it over me every chance he gets.  It's always a treat, but the 2.5 months when my age is one digit ahead of his are especially fun.  He doesn't waste a minute of it.

Once we got going I took Campbell to Gymboree.  She was an excellent listener and we had a ball through both classes.  That alone was enough to make my birthday fantastic, but it got better!

When we got home, Sergeant Sexy and Cassidy had been out shopping. Cassidy picked out a very sweet Mother figurine from Hallmark and they got a cake from Coldstone Creamery.  WOW!!

After we had lunch and cake, Campbell went down for a nap.  And guess what? I got to take a nap, too!

Saturday evening, Sergeant Sexy took me to dinner at The Melting Pot.  I lurve The Melting Pot.  LURVE. IT.  They never disappoint, and dinner was outstanding as usual.

The girlz stayed with Mama and Papa while we were at dinner.  Saint Mama had wonderful news for us when we picked them up - Cassidy had her first loose tooth!

The girlz were fighting off a cold Sunday morning so we skipped church.  New Nana brought lunch and cupcakes for my birthday, and presents for the girlz of course.

We went to Mama and Papa's house Sunday afternoon for an impromptu family gathering.  It was really fun to have all the siblings together at the same time.  The girlz got unlimited attention from their family, and Papa shared a bizarre story about Samoa cookies that brought Aunt Harley to tears.

It was a birthday I'll never forget.

Campbell loves Gymboree Art!!

And she loves Gymboree Play, too!







Aunt Harley, Uncle Munka Moose, Aunt Never-Says-No, Saint Mama, Papa, Uncle Butthead, and Me

Cassidy and Saint Mama

Cassidy and Pop

Cassidy decided she wanted to walk home from Saint Mama and Papa's house, so Saint Mama played along.  Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment