Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hosted Thanksgiving for our family for the very first time this year.  Uncle Butthead had surgery scheduled the day before Thanksgiving and Papa was getting anxious about preparing everything while tending to a broke-down Uncle Butthead.  So Sergeant Sexy and I inherited the job, and it's no small task.


You already know how many brothers and sisters I have.  All but one of us has multiplied.  You can do the math.


We planned the menu 4 weeks ago.  I started grocery shopping 3 weeks ago.  I created a Thanksgiving Project Plan, Risk Mitigation Plan, and a Task Timeline 2 weeks ago (don't roll your eyes at me!).  We felt like we were prepared, but since this was our first time it was difficult to know if we had planned properly or were just blissfully ignorant.


I'm proud to report we were prepared!  Dinner was ready on time, everything was cooked properly, the food was scrumptious, and the company was wonderful.  Planning and preparation pay off, and I don't care how Nerdy it makes me look.


The only downside to hosting Thanksgiving was that we may have accidentally crossed over to the "Adult" side of the family.


Note to Mama and Papa: If I don't have a spot at the Children's Table this Christmas, I'm going to file a complaint.  Just because we hosted Thanksgiving doesn't mean we have any intention of sitting at the Adult Table, mmmmkay?


The girlz in their Thanksgiving outfits

There's nothing more precious than a pretty little girl in a smocked outfit.  Seriously.


One of the tables we decorated for Thanksgiving dinner!

Sergeant Sexy and Pop worked hard to dismantle the turkey.  Uncle Harley supervised.

Campbell and Aunt Harley!

The girlz finally discovered how much fun their Cousin M is!

No comments:

Post a Comment