What a close call this one was. We had an AMAZING birthday weekend for Cassidy, which included a wonderful party for both Pop and Cassidy on Saturday. But for the first time, I was seriously questioning if it was going to come together.
I mentioned Sergeant Sexy's head cold last weekend. Well I caught it, and I didn't just get a few sniffles and a cough here and there. I got a non-stop hacking cough complete with a screaming sinus headache and snotty nose. To top it all off, I felt like I'd been trampled by a horse. I went to bed Wednesday under three blankets (and was still cold).
I didn't miss a beat at work - I couldn't. I had to prepare for another onsite meeting this coming week. But the one piece that did suffer was the party prep. I just didn't have the energy to do the running around I needed to.
Have I mentioned lately how awesome Sergeant Sexy is? He stepped right in and picked up what I couldn't do. He also made me go to bed at 6PM Wednesday, which helped tremendously. By the time Saturday morning rolled around, we were all healthy again and the house had been completely debugged with Lysol.
I love Lysol.
Anyway, it was a great celebration this weekend! I took cupcakes, juice boxes, and beach music to Cassidy's class on Friday. The beach party quickly turned into a mosh pit on the circle time rug when "Barbara Ann" came on and I had to laugh. It was hilarious.
Cassidy's class sang "Happy Birthday" to her!
Saturday was her actual birthday, and it was also the day of the big family party. I ordered this cool banner to use and reuse for years to come instead of hanging up "Happy Birthday" signs everywhere.
Pop and Cassidy's Barbie cake from Lisa's!
And Cassidy's special Barbie cake that Nana made her!
Mama and her brand-new Great Niece, Keilynn.
Pop, Campbell, and Aunt Never Says No
Gabriel!
4 Generations - the birthday boy, birthday girl, and the 2 generations in between
Marissa stayed with us after the party so she could watch Cassidy cheer at the basketball game Saturday night. Uncle Jamie and Aunt Kristen spent the night, and Sunday morning we all went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. The girlz were really sad to see them go.
We took Cassidy to Toys R Us so she could get her birthday balloon and have her named called out over the loudspeaker. Once she'd chosen a toy, we all went home to rest.
Happy Birthday, Pop and Cassidy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment