Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Darby's 2012 Masterpiece

The girlz decided it was time for Darby to draw on our family picture again. Sadly, this is the same family picture she has drawn on for three years, because it's the last one we had taken together. FAIL.

The girlz set the picture out and left the following list of what they wanted Darby to draw:

Mommy - Doggy [DOG]
Daddy - Vampier [VAMPIRE]
Cassidy - Piret [PIRATE]
Campbell - Cloun [CLOWN]


I asked them what what might happen if Darby can't read the words on the list. Cassidy immediately got to work drawing pictures to accompany the words, just to be certain their wishes were known.

Meanwhile, Campbell was looking at me as if I had three heads. "Mommy!" she said.  "Darby can read!  She wrote Cassidy-Campbell on the board and I Love You on the mee-raah".

It took a second, but I realized what she was saying.  Darby has written them several messages - she can write, so obviously she can read.

That was DEEP.  And scary.  Little C is just as sharp (if not sharper) than her sister.

Looks like we're in for a double dose of Princess Nerd in this house!

The 2012 Darby Masterpiece, compliments of Lieutenant Sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment