About a month before Christmas, I purchased tickets for Cassidy and I to see the Russian National Ballet perform The Sleeping Beauty Ballet. A few days later, I purchased tickets to another show at a different venue for Campbell and I. I thought it would be nice to spend one-on-one time with each girl, but I kept the tickets a secret until about a week ago.
Cassidy was SO EXCITED about our afternoon together. It was her first time watching a professional ballet company, and she was completely enthralled.
When we walked into the lobby, we saw one of the dancers standing at a table signing program books. We got one, and she was so proud that a real ballerina had signed her book. Cassidy's day had already been made and the show hadn't even started yet!
I thought I'd done well by picking a box seat - we'd be out of the way with direct access to the potties. I picked Box 1 on the third level thinking it would be the best, but it was not a great choice. Our view was obstructed by the speakers and it was pretty loud. Luckily the box next to us was still empty about 30 minutes into the show, so we moved back and had a much better view of the stage and a more reasonable sound level.
Cassidy danced on that same Marley floor last month, and thought it was outstanding that these spectacular dancers were dancing on the same stage.
We hung around after the show and Cassidy was able to get another autograph and pictures with the two dancers that signed her book!
Saying she was "enchanted" doesn't even come close. Not by a long shot!
We had a great afternoon together. Even better, I was able to pick up some t-shirts from my student group while we were there. A fantastic afternoon with Cassidy and some new duds? It doesn't get much better!



No comments:
Post a Comment