I didn't realize I barely posted anything last week until just now. Last week was a doozy - the second week of school, the first week of dance classes, the first week of swimming lessons, school pictures, school fundraiser, and a sick Cassidy in the midst of it all.
We knew kindergarten and third grade were going to bring a big change in our house, and they have certainly delivered. Campbell brings home homework every night and gets real grades now. Cassidy is learning at a faster pace and brings home a minimum of one hour of homework every night. The expectations of school are noticeably ramping up for both of them.
To prepare for this, I made every effort to keep the weekdays as clear as possible - we gave up soccer this fall and scheduled both girlz for swimming lessons on Saturdays. But then on Friday afternoon, I got a call telling me Campbell's class had been moved to Monday nights.
To prepare for this, I made every effort to keep the weekdays as clear as possible - we gave up soccer this fall and scheduled both girlz for swimming lessons on Saturdays. But then on Friday afternoon, I got a call telling me Campbell's class had been moved to Monday nights.
Even with the focus on scaling back and making a diligent effort to leave plenty of room for the increased demands of kindergarten and third grade, somehow the inevitable scheduling issues have put us right back where we were.
FAIL.
One bright spot of the week was this sunset. Coming home from dance the other night, we got stuck on the bridge. Cassidy and I got an unobstructed view as sun dipped below the horizon. It was gorgeous!
The weekend was a blur, but I did get this cute picture of the girlz at Skinny Dip. These girlz LOOOOOOVE their frozen yogurt!
And now we buckle down for another week. So much has changed from last year to this year, and yet it's all exatly the same!


No comments:
Post a Comment