Campbell has been dying to take gymnastics with Cassidy forever. I let her try the Parent/Toddler class at Cassidy's old gym about a year ago, but she was just too young. She was far too interested in what Cassidy was doing and kept breaking away from our class to run over to Cassidy. She was only 14 months old at the time, and the class was intended for children 2 and up... but it was worth a try.
It's been a year now, and we're at a new gym with a different class schedule. Campbell asks to go to gymnatics every week as we walk Cassidy into the gym. I always say no.
She's the right age for the Parent/Toddler class on Saturday mornings, but it conflicts with her Gymboree classes. The next age group is Tumble Bunnies (3 and 4 year-olds), and luckily there's a class during the same hour as Cassidy's class. Since Campbell is showing such a strong interest, we talked Ms. Sylvia into letting Campbell try Tumble Bunnies last night.
Campbell and I had quite a few heart-to-heart talks about behavioral expectations. I didn't want her to ruin her chances of getting in because of behavioral issues. I was very worried should wouldn't be able to handle it, but she shocked me and did FANTASTIC. She was clearly the youngest and smallest in her class, but there were no issues with her running away or being disruptive.
Go Campbell Girl!!
Unfortunately, the teacher still said Campbell's not ready for Tumble Bunnies. She wasn't disruptive, but she couldn't follow some of the commands without being shown what to do. Bummer.
I'm so disappointed for her. She looked adorable in her leotard, and I wish I had a picture of her to share. I was running late yesterday and walked out of the house without the camera.
Double bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment