We've already started the birthday celebrations for Campbell. Because of the timing of several events over the next four weekends, we needed to do her birthday trip to the toy store today instead of waiting until next weekend.
Cassidy asked if she could choose a new toy, too. She didn't realize it, but we had something extra-special planned for her.
Campbell was excited to wear her birthday crown and carry her birthday balloon. She especially loved hearing her name called over the store's loudspeaker!
As usual, we let her pick out any toy in the whole store. She walked up and down every aisle before deciding on a tiny Princess and the Frog doll with interchangeable dresses (think Polly Pocket).
Cassidy did a great job helping Campbell sort through the options. She didn't know it, but Sergeant Sexy and I have been secretly planning to buy Cassidy a Nintendo DS for Graduation. She's been wanting one for a very, very, very, very long time, but we've been holding her off.
We let her pick out two DS games, and I asked the sales guy ring up the DS and put it in the bag without her seeing it. She walked out of the store looking so deflated, but there were no tantrums or meltdowns. As we walked across the parking lot, she asked me (in a very sad and dejected voice) when she was going to get a DS.
I told her it was a good question, and I'd bought something at the store when she wan't looking. I pulled out the DS and her face lit up like a Christmas Tree.
I hope the wait was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment