Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Need Better Cell Reception?

You may want to consider standing close to Cassidy.  She'll be setting off metal detectors for the next week.


Sweet Cassidy has 3 shiny staples in the back of her head.


And believe it or not, out of all the risky things we let her do - cheerleading, wearing flip flops, gymnastics, playing on the playground, swimming, dance, riding the bus, walking around in public - she got hurt inside our house.


There's a long back story involving tantrums and jealousy that I won't go into.  The bottom line is she lost her balance and fell against (of all places) a corner wall Sunday afternoon.


Sergeant Sexy ran her down the street to the ER, and she came home a few hours later sporting some new head gear.


I've been told head wounds produce lots of blood, and now I can personally vouch for that as a fact.  The cut on her head was very small and had stopped bleeding before she left for the ER, but it produced a terrifying amount of blood.  Scary!


Luckily, I had put her hair in pigtails for church Sunday morning so the doctor had easy access to the cut.  We are scheduled to see Dr. Pediatrician in one week for our Staple Puller appointment.


The bad news?  Cassidy has to miss gymnastics, dance, and swimming lessons this week.  The community pools open this weekend, but we're going to have to sit this one out.  Boo!


No comments:

Post a Comment