Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Armpit, USA

I'm finally back from Armpit, USA.  3 out of the 4 flights it took to get me there and back were delayed, which only added to the misery.


The taxi driver that took us to the hotel in the wee hours of Monday morning lobbied hard in a fruitless effort to ignite a change of heart and inspire me to love that area (and possibly even move there).  Unfortunately, he doesn't realize I won't become a fan until the city is geographically relocated below the Mason-Dixon line and the existing population is replaced with a brand new set of softer, kinder, normal-looking people that drink sweet tea and eat fried chicken.


It ain't gonna happen, so we might as well agree to disagree.


When I got home last night, I discovered the back patio isn't quite done but it's very, very close.  Sergeant Sexy ushered me to the back door when I got in last night and turned on the back porch light with excitement so I could see how cool our backyard is becoming.


It's going to be awesome and was definitely worth the wait!


The view from afar 

The fire pit and wall (not quite done yet)

The new landscaping!


The only items still outstanding are the stairs and the wall.  I'm going to hit the grocery store so we can make s'mores this weekend.  So fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment