Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This Is What Stress Looks Like

When I got the girlz to dance last night, Pink-o's Mom took one look at me and said "Oh no!  You're stressed!!  What's wrong?!?".


The old eyeball gave me away again.


This is what stress looks like, even after a good dose of Visine.


It won't be long before I head back to the Evil Empire.  I'm expecting a Princess Meltdown of epic proportions when I leave.  I'll be missing things this weekend a Mommy shouldn't miss.  I haven't had a break since Evil Conference Room Marathon - Round One, and now I'm heading back for Evil Conference Room Marathon - Round Two.  I'll be spending 7 days with a co-worker that makes ugly comments, takes credit for my work, joins my meetings uninvited, and makes me want to punch a bunny.


I can think of a long list of ways I'd rather spend my weekend.


As I sit here and assess the situation, I'm challenging myself to ignore the noise, maintain the poker face, and focus on the positive:


1) I bought a cute new sweater for my trip.
2) I'm beyond blessed to have this career.
3) I have a terrific family that gets along just fine without me... once I actually get out the door.
4) I genuinely love my life.
5) I'm a Longwood Girl, sweet as pie and tough as nails.  And best of all?
6) The Evil Empire is on my home turf... fried chicken and sweet tea, y'all.


The poker face is ready.  If only my eyeball would stop showing my hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment