Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baby Shower Pictures

In a moment of temporary insanity, I agreed to host a baby shower two days after my return from Conference Room Marathon #4.  When I received the 60+ person guest list, I nearly had a panic attack.


The expectant Mommy will likely remember the smallest details of her baby shower for the rest of her life.  Therefore, it was very important to me that every memory she took away was a good one.


Because I would be away during the critical weeks just prior to the event, I had no choice but to plan the hell out of the shower before I left.  So I did.


Long before I packed my bags and boarded the plane for the Evil Empire, the invitations were addressed and mailed, every detail carefully considered and documented, every decoration purchased, every task scheduled into a timeline, every food item priced and organized by store into shopping lists, and every paper product carefully tucked away.


I chose an owl theme and found adorable custom owl invitations on a popular stationary website.  I bought balloons, paper products, and serving trays to match.


And to my relief, it came together.  I was enormously blessed to have plenty of helping hands the day of the party.  The baby got tons of super-nice gifts and it seemed like everyone had fun.


Here are some pictures...


Gift Table


Pink Cupcakes!

The food table - decorated with matching balloons, and a clothesline across the back.  I ordered a shirt (the one in the middle) with the baby's name printed on it... the other clothes were once Cassidy and Campbell's!

Table centerpiece with "Wishes For Baby" cards.  After the guests completed the cards, they were tied up with ribbon and placed in a keepsake box with other shower mementos.




I can't wait to snuggle that baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment