I took this picture with my phone as I was driving home from Big Girl School the other day. I love how peaceful and serene the cows look. The girlz are lucky to have such a pretty ride to and from school each day.
Yesterday was my second appearance at my local city's Annual Hob Nobbin' Pep Rally. While waiting for my Evil Co-Workers to arrive, I took a moment to look around and take it all in. The room was packed full of politicians and business leaders and I met some really nice people. The lunch they served was great and the speech at the end was insightful and somewhat comical, but mostly because of what wasn't said. It's very interesting to see how easy it is to paint a rosy picture when you choose to leave out the rotten spots.
Attending the Annual Hob Nobbin' Pep Rally meant missing Cassidy's (far more fun and exciting) field trip to the Children's Museum. Time passes so quickly, and we'll soon be to a point where parent participation in field trips is limited. And after that, we'll eventually get to a point where she doesn't want me there.
That's going to be a sad, sad day in the Censored Last Name home.

No comments:
Post a Comment