Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pool Time - Finally!

It seems like the girlz have been asking what day the Shark Pool will open for MONTHS. In all honesty, it's probably only been a few weeks... but it's still obnoxious.

The pool finally opened today, and I'm proud to say we were one of the first ones in! It wasn't supposed to work out that way -- we had planned to spend the day eating hot dogs and hamburgers at Aunt Harley's house. The traffic was really bad, so we were late getting there (it took us almost three hours!). We fixed our plates and had gotten all of three bites down when the Bat Phone rang.

Once again, there had been tomfoolery in our lovely neighboring city and LT had to go to work. So we gobbled up our food, said our goodbyes, and packed the girlz back into the car.

Not cool.

Since we were home several hours earlier than I'd planned and I was now on my own until further notice, the girlz and I decided to head to the Shark Pool. And that's when I had an epiphany:

Campbell is now big enough to navigate around the shallow end of the pool without water wings or adult assistance.

By no means does she go in the water by herself -- that's still a few years off. But the days of her requiring a floating device or an adult to hold her above the water are behind us.

So it seems the Baby Pool chapter of our lives has officially come to an end. What a long, strange trip it's been!


No comments:

Post a Comment