Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Through the eyes of Cassidy

One of the things I love most about having children is the opportunity to see the world through their eyes. Cassidy has the funniest interpretations of life sometimes, and it really puts things back into perspective for me.

Take for instance the other night... the incision from the surgery has been getting somewhat irritated, so the doctor asked me to be sure I let it get some fresh air each day. I was laying on the bed with Cassidy listening to Daddy read the bedtime story, when I realized it would be the perfect opporunity to let the incision have some fresh air. Cassidy noticed it, and said "Mommy, you have a red stripe?". So I explained my boo-boo in toddler terms, and told Cassidy this was how she and Baby Campbell got out of Mommy's belly.

I've always viewed the C-Section scar as a battle wound of sorts - a symbol of the long road to get the girls safely here, and a tangible reminder of how badly I wanted those babies.

So here I am attaching deep meaning and symbolism to my scar, but through Cassidy's eyes it's just a cool red stripe. Maybe if I'd had more kids, Cassidy would think I was a zebra!

No comments:

Post a Comment