Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Fun Day!

Today was a great day! When we arrived at Gymboree Art Class this morning, we had a special treat waiting for us... Miss Jenny was our teacher for the day! Hooray! Today was the best art class ever. Cassidy painted a huge tree with her hands AND arms! After snack and storytime, Miss Jenny brought out real "fall" leaves for the kids to throw and crunch. I meant to ask her where she found dead leaves in the middle of summer, but forgot. At the end of class, Miss Jenny painted all the children's faces. Cassidy was THRILLED with her princess face!

After we left Gymboree, we visited the Smithfield Farmer's Market. They had a few special things for children today, and the weather made it a perfect day to be outside. We took the opportunity to stroll down historic Main Street, and enjoyed lunch at the Smithfield Ice Cream Parlor. Yes, Cassidy had ice cream for lunch. It's a good thing there are no "Mommy of the Year" awards, because I'd certainly never win!

I didn't bring the camera with me to Gymboree or Smithfield, so I don't have any cute pictures to share from this morning. I did get some good ones at the pool this afternoon, though!

Cassidy is ready to swim!


Campbell ate right after we got there and then promptly fell asleep. I did get to dip her feet into the kiddie pool right before she konked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment