Thursday, August 21, 2008

It Feels Good To Be Back in Nerdvana!!

Nerdvana: The ultimate state of complete geekiness. Geek heaven.

My maternity leave is officially over and I have returned to work at The Nerdery. It was a great 10 weeks, but I was very happy to fire up my laptop, connect the Blackberry, and re-join my fellow geeks. I find it very comforting to work with people who share my affinity for cool things like tricked-out spreadsheets, pimp-o-fied mainframe jcl, and slick project plans. When I start talking to Matt about these things, I usually get a glassy-eyed blank stare in return.
>
One major change with work is that I gave up my downtown office. I still plan to go into the office at least once a week and even kept my parking place, but will work from home more often than I go downtown. I spent the last two weeks of my leave cleaning out our office and setting up my equipment.

Why did I do this? Because my employer was giving some space back to the company that owned the building I was in, and my floor was gutted while I was away. With gas prices being so high and most everybody else working from home already, it just seemed like the right time to make the change. I was going to have to pack my things up anyway, so why not bring it all home?

Here's a picture of my corner office...

I can take a deep breath and relax now. I'm back with my people, and life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment