Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Variety of Updates

1) We've finished decorating the outside of the house, and are almost done with the inside. We're on top of our game this year... remember the pictures from last year? I'm happy to report that the Halloween pumpkins have taken up new residence in our trash can and are not part of this year's Christmas decor! I think we're finally starting to fit in around here.


2) Cassidy found Darby in her bathtub this morning. SuperMommy suggested we might let Darby be discovered holding Cassidy's toothbrush tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!


3) We clearly have an issue with Cassidy. She won't be 4 for another two months and is consistently asking questions we don't know the answer to. It started with the morning jew question, which SuperMommy graciously cleared up (thank you, SuperMommy).

Maybe SuperMommy also knows how many toes a bear has? Matt thinks it's 4 on each paw. How does he know this? His high school mascot was the bruin and he thinks he remembers there being 4 claws on it. Call me Type A, but I was hoping for some reasoning with at least a hint of fact to it.

Today she asked me what a flamingo says. I've only seen plastic flamingos, so I obviously don't know. Then she said she wanted a flamingo to ride on top of our car and look down through the front windshield at us while we drive. That's a disturbing picture, and all I could do was laugh.

I can hardly wait to see what questions she comes up with tomorrow. Something tells me it's probably going to be something I don't know!!

4) I took Cassidy to get her nails painted this morning. She picked dark purple for herself and bright green glitter for me... lovely.





5) Cassidy spent the afternoon with Nana Jill and Poppie Bill this afternoon. Check out these great pictures of her playing in the leaves!!



No comments:

Post a Comment