It's officially Egg Hunting Season, so after dance class we rushed to the local park for our city's egg-stravaganza. We had a great time! Cassidy got to ride a pony name Goldie, we got to pet a goat and some chickens, we got a picture of the girlz with the Easter Bunny, and we made a tissue paper flower!
We went to Old Mac Donald's for lunch, and let Cassidy loose in the Play Place... which she LOVED. We saw Dr. Pediatrician and her kids at the Play Place!
On the way home, we stopped by the grocery store to get supplies for dinner. Then Cassidy and I took presents to Mary Grace and her brand new little brother.
That's when we hit a snafu in our super-fun day... Cassidy got ANGRY when I told her it was time to leave Mary Grace's house. I would have just picked her up and carried her home, but she had ridden her tricycle and I'm not strong enough to carry a thrashing Cassidy AND her tricycle all the way home.
.
I called my favorite 5-0 for reinforcement. Matt and Campbell came to get us, and I was able to get Cassidy's bottom into the carseat, but had a hard time getting her arms in the harness. She came up with a new tanrum tactic... I've mentioned the Back Arching Anti-Time Out Chair Spasm before. This move was a twist on the old one... I've named it the Locked Arm Anti-Car Seat Maneuver. It's impossible to get a child into a harness when they refuse to bend their elbows. Fortunantely, she lost concentration for a second and I got those little arms safely into the car seat.
The most hilarious part of the whole tantrum? Campbell thought Cassidy's crying and carrying on was HILARIOUS. She laughed her cute little baby belly laugh the whole way home. It was awesome.
At The Egg Hunt




At Mary Grace's House



No comments:
Post a Comment