Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Personal Hell

I'm tired of the snow and rain.  It's cold and my body can't handle the chill.  I have to wear a coat, and I don't like wearing coats.  I like my flip flops and t-shirts and jackets and sweatshirts... they've done fine for the last 21 winters.  But it's not just cold here, it's FREAKIN' COLD.

The snow from last week's terrible blizzard still hasn't finished melting, and the weather people are calling for more.  Luckily, we're just south of the snow line and should get mostly rain.

So this is what I want to know - is hell really hot?  Is there a reference in the Bible to hell being hot, or are the flames of hell something pop culture has created?

Because right now, hot doesn't seem so bad to me.  It's cold in my office, and I have to wear my Snuggie blanket to keep warm.  My feet are cold, and I have my thickest socks and boots on.  I'm thinking of putting on a hat.  I'm FREAKIN' COLD.

I'm starting to wonder if hell isn't based on personal preference.  I have to believe that my personal hell would have freezing rain and snow swirling around and blowing in my face, making it hard to see.  The wind would be so frigidly cold, it would hurt to breathe.  The air would have a chill so cold you can actually feel it in your bones.

Yes, my personal hell would look like winter in Albany, NY.  Or perhaps like this...

Thank you very much, Old Man Winter.  You've overstayed your welcome and are free to leave any time now, mmm-kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment