Friday, February 5, 2010

A Papa and Cassidy Afternoon

School was closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week, so I worked while also watching a princess or two.  It was hard, but Cassidy has been a real trooper... I've been on the phone all day every day since Monday, and she's been very understanding.  I know this week couldn't have been fun for her - she couldn't go to school, couldn't go outside, couldn't cook anything, and couldn't go to her friend's houses.  Snow SUCKS.

I digress.  I was in back-to-back meetings all week, and that was bad enough.  But I had a VERY IMPORTANT meeting Wednesday and it was imperative that I be allowed to focus completely on the conversation.  This is impossible with Cassidy in the house at all, because I'm always listening for any hint of an issue even when she's at her best and quietly watching TV.  When she's constantly in and out of the office at her worst, I completely lose focus on what I'm doing.

Losing focus for even a second during this 30 minute conversation just couldn't happen.  But never fear, Papa rescued me.  Hooray for Papa!!

He took Cassidy to Pizza Hut for lunch, and then they went shopping.  He bought her an adorable dress, a pair of jeans, and a bag of candy.  The candy also happens to be my favorite, and I want it duly noted I haven't eaten one bite of those Reese Cups even though they call out for me every time I pass through the kitchen.  I'm just sayin'.

Papa's effort was worth it.  They had a blast together, and I've been told my meeting went exceptionally well.  School was open Thursday (thank you, sweet baby Jesus) and Cassidy wore her new dress.  She wore the jeans to school today.  Great choices, Papa... and thanks again for your help!!

The dress...

The jeans...

The cute-as-a-button little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment