Day -2 has come and gone with very little drama again. I'm hopeful this is a new normal for Campbell and not just a break in the action!
It's so weird to think that tomorrow we can finally say "tomorrow is the last day at Baby School". Amazing. After we drop Campbell off at school tomorrow morning, Cassidy and I will be heading to Sam's Club to gather up the treats for Friday's festivities.
Since we have Friday's teacher treats and classroom party all planned out, I've started working on small gifts for the girl'z new teachers. I like to start the year with a small gift to ensure we get a positive start. I'm a huge fan of giving teachers gifts that are practical, edible, or spendable.
Thanks to the interwebz, I found a cool way to pretty-up some very boring pens. Every teacher needs pens, so I'm certain this is a gift that will be used.
I started with some pretty pieces of paper, cut to size.
I then bought some very boring pens that can be taken apart.
I printed some tags I found online that say "You've got the write stuff!". I wish I could remember where I got them so I could give proper credit. Sadly, I forgot to bookmark the page.
Edited to add - I found it! The tags can be found online here.
I rolled up the papers and inserted them into the pens. I then put the pens back together.
Last, I grouped the pens into sets of three and wrapped them in a cellophane bag I cut apart. The finishing touch was tying the tag to the outside of the package with a pretty ribbon.
Cassidy loved them so much, she decided it wasn't enough to make a set for this year's teachers and assistants. Noooooo, I also need to make a set for all of her previous teachers and assistants. That's 4 sets of teachers plus an extra - 27 pens!! Luckily, I have plenty of supplies and I printed a bunch of the tags the other day.
That girl kills me.
No comments:
Post a Comment