I learned a lesson last January, one that I will carry with me forever. I started the non-stop travel a year ago and never got a chance to get the girlz over to Dr. Pediatrician for their flu shots. January brought a birthday for Cassidy, as well as a nice case of the flu. Was I here? No. I was in Texas, which is not at all where I should have been.
Lesson learned! First thing Saturday morning, the girlz and I got our flu vaccinations. Sergeant Sexy came with us, but chose not to get the vaccine.
Cassidy had her last soccer games of the season Saturday - a double header! The Award Banquet was Saturday night, so we rushed to the store after the games to gather the ingredients for our side dish.
Cassidy got a soccer trophy and lots of praise from her coaches for showing so much improvement during the season. That was just enough positive reinforcement for her to start reconsidering the idea of playing soccer in the spring.
God, help us all.
What a difference a few weeks makes! No more shorts and t-shirts on the soccer field - that wind was COLD!!
It took 3 shirts (1 thermal), 1 hat, 2 pairs of pants, 1 pair of knee socks and several laps up and down the field to keep her warm.
Campbell loves to cheer for Sissy... "Kick it, Sissy!!"
Cassidy and her Coach, conferring.
Waiting for everyone to arrive at the Soccer Banquet!
Cassidy's first soccer trophy!
Sunday morning brought church services, and then Sergeant Sexy and I headed off to see Jeff Dunham. We had excellent seats - right up front, smack in the middle of the stage. The show was terrific and lasted twice as long as we expected. What a great night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment