Friday, July 6, 2012

Bye Bye, Baby

The last remnants of the Baby Daze have officially left the building.  We had earmarked all of our major baby items for Aunt Poopy a very long time ago, and the hand-off has been in progress for about six weeks.


The last piece to go was the glider, and they came for it this morning.


There's no way to know how many hours I've logged in that glider.  I rocked a newborn Cassidy through several all-nighters in that chair.  Both girlz got all of their middle-of-the-night feedings there.  It carried us through countless ear infections and midnight battles with strep throat.  Our trusty glider has been the backdrop for bedtime stories for more than seven years.


Watching it go gave me the sadz, but I'm happy to know another sweet baby girl will get to enjoy it.


This morning, we rocked one last time.  I spent a few minutes with each girl, cradling them in my arms while we sang and rocked.  Just like old times.


Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss



See what Cassidy's doing with her left foot?  She still does that sometimes.

See how Campbell slept with her mouth open?  She still does that sometimes.

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. ― Robert Munsch

No comments:

Post a Comment