The girlz were excited about all the events, and we actually made it to almost everything this year. I'm really enjoying the bits of freedom we're starting to get as the girlz get older.
We enjoyed the opening ceremony and the girlz drove their decked-out Escalade in the parade. We ate lunch in the Family Life Center and then enjoyed the rides and games. We came home for a shower and a quick rest before heading out again for dinner on the soccer field, a concert, and the big fireworks show.
It was a GREAT day. We are so blessed to live in this community!
As fun as it was, I'm not going to lie - it wasn't easy by any means. Campbell had a fiery meltdown and refused to get in the car as we were trying to leave for the opening ceremony. I walked with the girlz during the parade, but the parade line got to going too fast and I lost sight of the girlz (even though I was practically jogging). Thank goodness for small communities... Betsy's Dad was on a bike and kept an eye on them for us. And the fireworks show at church was nothing compared to the display Campbell put on when it was time to get in the bed.
But even with the tough moments, it's really nice to know the girlz are finally old enough to handle full-day events. It will only get easier and smoother from here on out.
Ready for the parade to start!
Enjoying lunch after the parade
I love that our church has a reason to put this sign up
Climbing the bouncy slide
It got a little "Girlz Gone Wild" at the water gun station... the straps got longer as the dress got wetter!
Dominating the water guns
Happy Birthday, America!!
No comments:
Post a Comment