Wednesday, July 18, 2012

World Finals 2012

Cassidy and I were up long before the sun this morning.  I packed the car under a twinkling starlit sky and we headed off to another local city for the grand finale of the dance competition season - World Finals.

The Minis have had a solid year, and I was a little sad that today would be the last time we got to see that group compete that routine.  While they've done extremely well in their category, the routine hasn't placed in the Top 5 Overall or received a Judges Award.  Since it never happened at any of the regional competitions, the likelihood of it happening at the World Finals should have been tinier than minuscule.

Never say never.

Boogie Shoes won Platinum (the highest adjudication level) and was one of the three highest scoring routines out of all the Classic Petite Small Group Routines that competed yesterday morning.  We don't know exactly which placement they won because they have to go back over the weekend for a dance-off to determine their final placement.

Cassidy was THRILLED.  She's been working toward Platinum all season, and finally earned it.  And not only did the Minis earn Platinum, they scored in the Top Three?!?  Holla.


The only downer is that Lieutenant Sexy and I had huge plans this weekend - a Consolation Prize for the anniversary cruise that never happened.  It's looking like he and I are just not supposed to be taking grown-up trips.  We've never been further than a three hour drive away from home, even before we had kids.  I'm starting to wonder if trips that require plane tickets are just not in the cards for us.

How is it possible to be so deliriously happy and deeply proud and bitterly disappointed at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment