Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Cassidy!

8 years ago today, we welcomed a gorgeous little nugget into our family.  It had snowed the day before and there was a bitter chill in the air. Cassidy had safely arrived, but she was sick.

The January 22 of 2013 is very much like the January 22 of 2005 -- there is a bitter chill in the air today. And once again, Cassidy is sick.




She isn't acting sick - she has no fever and is upstairs practicing handstands and walkovers as I write this. But the tests the doctor ran this morning tell a very different story. Cassidy has both strep throat and the flu, but you would never guess it by looking at her.

I was convinced I was dramatically overreacting this morning, and Lieutenant Sexy would most certainly give me the hairy eyeball for keeping her home from school. But since the birthday party she's been planning for an entire year is happening in 4 days, I decided to play it extra-safe and be 100% certain her runny nose was just a slight cold.

Obviously, it's not just a slight cold. And now Campbell has an appointment to get tested this afternoon since she also doesn't appear to sick, which makes her health suspect as well.

I'm sure Amoxicillin and Tamiflu aren't what Cassidy wanted for her birthday, but that's what the old girl got. Luckily, we have a few fun gifts for her and a super-awesome party planned for this weekend.

Happy 8th Birthday, Cassidy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment