We had the first of several birthday celebrations for Cassidy last night. The only bad thing about having an unexpected snow day on her birthday was that my plans for the day were shot. No picking up cupcakes or party supplies, no prepping the house while she was away, and no special dinner from her favorite restaurant. Instead, Lieutenant Sexy picked up a cupcake cake on his way home, we dug out a #9 candle, and made the best of it.
It was perfectly imperfect, just like us.
School was closed again today, so the girlz spent some time trying to salvage the snow left in the yard to make a snowman. It ended up being a mini snowman. His tiny head wasn't even big enough for a nose.
It didn't matter, the girlz couldn't have been prouder of their creation!
I suspect we may be back to normal tomorrow. I've heard the back roads are still pretty slushy, so we'll see what tonight brings.
Like a true southerner, I'm tired of the snow already. It was awfully pretty and the unexpected break was nice, but I'm ready for it to go away!
No comments:
Post a Comment