The entire month of October was completely full weeks ago, but somehow I keep finding a way to cram more stuff in. The sad thing is that the month is only a few days old and we've already had to turn down several fun things... there just aren't enough hours in the day!
One of the thousands of things on our list of things to do is to provide soccer snacks for both girlz teams this weekend. While we were at the craft store the other day, I got the grand idea to be an overachiever and make fun soccer snack bags for the kids.
Why can't I be happy with handing out juice boxes and chips? Why do I have this deep need to add glitter and sequins to everything?!? It's not like I don't already have enough to do.
It's a personality flaw, y'all.
So anyway... Campbell's team is the Tigers and Cassidy's is the Rockets. I bought 2 packages of small black bags and created custom labels in their team colors. Campbell's team will get snack bags that say Tiger Feed and Cassidy's team will get bags that say Rocket Fuel. Tucked inside the bag will be a small Gatorade, Applesauce, fruit snacks, and fruit by the foot.
I'm pretty darn proud of these bags!!
I've been batting around ideas of cute ways to close the bags. I'd like to tie them shut with a ribbon, but the weather is still pretty steamy. I'm thinking we need to keep the Gatorade in the cooler as long as possible.
Maybe I can fold the bags closed right before they come off the field.
Or I could be lazy and just leave them open.
Or I could punch a hole in the top corner of the bag and tie a ribbon there, which is a cute detail I can do tonight AND it lets me add the Gatorade at the last minute.
Decisions, decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment