The laundry has piled up, toys are scattered all over the house, and it's so hot outside you feel like you're walking on the face of the sun.
What better time to add Soccer Camp to the mix!
As I've mentioned before, Cassidy has been anxiously awaiting the day she could finally try soccer. She hasn't shown much interest in the sport until recently, and we decided it would be best to let her try Soccer Camp before committing to a full season.
She LOVED it, 100 degree heat and all.
Look at that smile!
In some of these pictures, I think you can actually see steam. It's been THAT hot!
We borrowed a pair of cleats from the Cleat Share box until we were certain this would last longer than a week. About mid-way through the week it was clear this was more than a one-week thing, so I ordered a very special pair of cleats for our princess.
Every Pink-O needs pink cleats!
She had a BLAST, and I had to laugh at the Soccer Camp Coach (who is a friend of ours). I was sitting on the bench watching practice yesterday, drenched in sweat. Dripping in sweat, and I was sitting still. Meanwhile, Coach R was running up and down the field playing soccer with the kids like a machine. He's insane.
So anyway, it was clear we had arrived at a crossroads. The sad truth is that our lives are different from cell phone plans - we don't have an unlimited pool of minutes to draw from when we need a few extra. With Sergeant Sexy and I both working full-time, adding another activity without giving something else up just won't work. We explained the situation to Cassidy and let her decide our next steps.
The outcome? She wants to play soccer and has chosen to give up gymnastics. I hated to do that because I really believe she benefits from the strength conditioning of gymnastics. I keep reminding myself that the freedom to explore several sports before deciding which one to stick with long-term is also a benefit. And learning how to weigh options and make a decision is a very grown-up thing to do.
So the check is written and the paperwork is ready to go. Practice starts in just a few weeks. The only bummer is that Campbell's not quite old enough to play just yet. Next year she'll be able to play if she wants.
Does this make me a Soccer Mom?
No comments:
Post a Comment